Wednesday, July 29, 2015

No fun for having fun

These past 3 days I have been sitting here burning my stomach with a heating pad, keeping me feet up so they do not turn purple, and sitting in a dark room to try to get rid of my migraine. While all this is going on I am studying for finals next week. So happy summer semester is over.

I went to see my POTS doctor, Dr. Coleby last week. He increased my dose on the propananol (heart medication) because my heart rate was continuing to go too high.  He also put me on another medication to help with the dizziness and brain fog. It does wonders! I can actually do my homework without staring off into space and I actually know what I am doing now.  The downside of this medication is it gives me goosebumps all over my body, especially my head; it's like little ants crawling all over me, so uncomfortable! My next appointment is next week, hopefully I will get something to help me sleep, the only thing that helps is benedryl but it makes me feel hungover in the morning! No one wants to feel hungover. 

I had a long weekend at a country music festival for my brother's birthday. I knew it would take me a long time to recover from the weekend, but it was so worth it. I had a blast, sometimes you got to suck it up and have a little fun, however I pay the consequences.

My brother requested to be featured in the blog. So Happy Birthday Big Brother!!

Here's a picture from the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment