Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Neurology and the Nerves!

POTS is a nerve issue, hence the neurology appointment.

I have been very busy the last few days and forgot to tell you all about my neurology appointment last Friday with Dr. Cortez!  Dr. Cortez is a neurologist from the Mayo Clinic who specializes in Dysautonomia.

She gave me a lot of great advise on how to measure out my salt intake. She said put the 10 grams of salt in a baggy in the beginning of the day and sprinkle it on your food throughout the day until it is gone! While doing that, continue to take the Sodium Chloride tablets.  I am drinking at least 4 Liters of fluid a day. You all should try doing that, it is merely impossible!

Anyways, Dr. Cortez is worried about my heart palpitations.  She ordered a 24 hour heart monitor that I have started this afternoon! I am covered in wires while writing this.

She also ordered a 24 hour urine analysis to check for mast cells which is an allergy.  I am also in the middle of doing that.  The heart monitor is one thing but the 24 hour urine collection is miserable. I won't go into details! :)

I go see Dr. Cortez again in 5 weeks to go over the results from the heart monitor and the urine analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment